CoverGirl Beauty Library
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, you agree that YOUR Entry complies with all conditions stated in these Rules. The database parties will bear no legal liability regarding the use of YOUR Entry by the database parties and THE database parties SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY you IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT you have DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
To be eligible for entry into the Database, your optional Video must meet the following specific requirements:
Maximum Length/Size/Amount 2GB
Acceptable Formats .asf, .wmv, .mov, .avi, .mpg, .mp4
Content Requirements The Video must be of yourself and no other parties.
By submitting a video, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her Video:
- Is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the Videographer) in and to the Video.
- Does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Video, then his/her face must be blurred out);
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- Is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- § Nudity;
- § Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- § Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- § Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- § Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- § Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- § Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- § Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Video must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained;
- § Music, poetry or other materials owned by any third party that are not properly licensed. For example, it is not permissible to: (i) sing along to a song on a CD or the radio; (ii) read poetry written by someone else; or (ii) imitate a third party while displaying your talent. These are only examples and the Sponsor and/or the Administrator reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Video, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Video, if it is determined that the Video raises any potential claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and
- § Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the Administrator in its/their sole discretion.
The Sponsor and/or the Administrator will screen every Video within 24 hours of that Video being submitted. Any Video that the Sponsor and/or the Administrator deems, in its/their sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will not be posted. Prior to being posted on the Website, the Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to edit or modify any Video, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Video, in order to ensure that the Video complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. Any Video that is deemed appropriate will be posted on the Website. If a Video is deemed to be inappropriate by the Sponsor and/or the Administrator, in its/their sole discretion, then the Video will not be posted and the entrant will not receive a Video Entry in respect of the corresponding Video. For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Administrator reserves the right at any time, in its/their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Video, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Video, if a complaint is received with respect to the Video, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary during any voting period as defined in these Rules, then the Sponsor and/or the Administrator reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to reset the vote count associated with the Video to zero.
By submitting and entry and uploading a Video, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Video, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Database or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Video in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Database Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.